On the surface, the 2017 Ford Fusion Sport appears to be a family sedan. With a single push of a button, however, the vehicle completely transforms into a high-speed muscle car.
The vehicle has an all-new rotary gearshift dial installed, complete with a button at its center. Push that button, and the vehicle immediately undergoes seven key changes described below:
1) The steering tightens up
2) the paddle shifters are activated for individual gear selection
3) the throttle livens up
4) the transmission takes hold of the lower gears to match the rev when downshifting
5) the active noise cancellation system is disabled, thus letting more engine noise enter the cabin
6) the dampers stiffen for increased responsiveness; this also minimizes body roll
7) all the changes are indicated on the instrument cluster
Under the hood of the 2017 Ford Fusion is a 2.7-liter twin-turbo V6 engine that delivers 325 hp and 380 lb-ft of torque. This is the same engine used for the current Ford F-150 and Ford Edge Sport. This makes it the first mid-size family sedan in the U.S. to deliver more than 300 hp.
The six-speed automatic transmission has also been modified and now has paddles attached to the steering wheel. Located behind that is a computer-controlled all-wheel-drive unit. There is also a crowning clutch that aids with what the automobile maker refers to as continuously controlled damping. This essentially means dampers that improve performance and enable the Ford Fusion Sport to compete with other sport vehicles in its segment.
Visit Folsom Lake Ford to check out the new Ford Fusion Sport or another one of the model’s trims. Our Ford dealership near Sacramento, CA carries both new and pre-owned models, so come by and take a look! We’ll see you soon!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.