Puddles under your vehicle are never a welcome sight. A fluid leak from your vehicle can be a simple fix or a sign of a serious issue. Either way, it’s important to schedule Ford service at Folsom Lake Ford.
What Type of Fluid is it?
It’s helpful if you can identify what kind of leak you have to determine its severity. Some leaks are emergencies and need to be addressed immediately.
- Engine oil: Dark brown or black, towards the front of your car
- Antifreeze: Thinner than oil, typically red or green
- Transmission fluid: Near the center of your vehicle, smells similar to gasoline
- Power steering fluid: Near the front of your vehicle, thinner than engine oil
- Brake fluid: Looks similar to power steering fluid
- Windshield wiper fluid: Towards the front of your vehicle, brightly colored
What Do I Do if I Have a Leak?
If you have a leak, it’s important that you bring your vehicle to our Ford service center for an inspection. After all, some leaks can be extremely dangerous.
Even if that isn’t the case, a leak can certainly cause undue wear and tear on your vehicle and even lead to serious complications. Our technicians will check first to see if a repair is possible or if replacement parts will be necessary.
Can I Prevent Leaks?
While accidents can happen, there are also steps you can take to help prevent a leak. One of the most important things you can do is schedule routine maintenance.
Our certified technicians can pinpoint an issue before it turns into a major problem. It also helps ensure parts stay clean to help limit rust or corrosion.
Have you gotten recent service? Reach out to our Ford dealership in Folsom, CA to schedule an appointment today!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.