Your Ford Escape is built with many different parts and systems that have to work together to help it deliver a great driving experience. You can help your SUV stay in the best possible shape by keeping up with routine maintenance at Folsom Lake Ford.
There are certain mileage markers that you should keep in mind so that when you see them approaching you get ready for a service appointment.
Mile Markers to Remember
- 7,500 miles: This is often a good time for your first oil change. Changing the oil in your car keeps the engine running smoothly and efficiently. This can sometimes wait until 10,000 miles, but you don’t want to put it off for long. Skipping oil changes can result in reduced fuel efficiency and expensive engine damage.
- 10,000 miles: At this point the mechanics at our Ford service center will want to inspect a few different systems in your vehicle, including your brakes, exhaust system, and suspension. This can help us spot small problems before they become big and expensive ones. This is also a great time for a tire rotation, which keeps your tires wearing down evenly and extends their lifespan.
- 20,000 miles: At this mileage you probably need a new cabin air filter. This filters out dust, dirt, pollen, and other particles from outside and prevents them from getting into your vehicle.
- 30,000 miles: This is a good time to replace the engine air filter, which helps protect your engine. Our mechanics will also check fluid levels, including coolant and brake fluid.
- 100,000 miles: Keep making service appointments at the above mile markers and you and your Ford Escape will eventually make it to 100,000 miles. Now it’s time to get new spark plugs and a drive belt inspection.
- 150,000 miles: At this point you might need a drive belt replacement and a flush of your transmission fluid. Our mechanics will also check to see if you need a new timing belt.
Schedule a Ford Service Appointment!
If you’re approaching one of the milestones above, then make a service appointment at our Ford dealership in Folsom, CA. We’ll have your Ford Escape back out on the road in no time!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.